Useful Qualities for Self Exploration
Strengthening Intention and will
Developing Faith in Yourself
Self Respect and Integrity
No Preconceptions or Expectations
Dedication and Perseverance
Humility and Humour
Purpose of Self Exploration
- It is a process of dialogue between “what you are” and “what you really want to be”: It is a process of focusing attention on ourselves, our present beliefs, and aspirations vis – à – vis what we really want to be ( that is to say, what is naturally acceptable to us ). If these two are the same, then there is no problem. If on investigation we find that these two are not the same, then it means we are living with this contradiction ( of not being what we really want to be ) and hence, we need to resolve this contradiction and this conflict within us. It is a process of discovering that there is something innate, invariant, and universal in all human beings. This enables us to look at our confusions and contradictions within and resolve them by becoming aware of our natural acceptance.
- It is a process of self-evolution through self-investigation: It successively enables us to evolve by bridging the gap between ‘what we are and ‘what to be. Hence, self-exploration leads to our own improvement, our self-evolution – we will become qualitatively better.
- It is a process of knowing oneself and through that, knowing the entire existence: The exploration starts by asking simple questions about ourselves, which gives us clarity about our being, and then clarity about everything around us.
- It is a process of recognizing one’s relationship with every unit in existence and fulfilling it: It is a process of becoming aware of our right relationship with other entities in existence and through that discovering the interconnectedness, co-existence, and others in the entire existence, and living accordingly.
- It is a process of knowing human conduct, and human character, and living accordingly: It is a process of discovering the definitiveness of human conduct and human character and enabling one to be definite in thought, behavior, and work.
- It is a process of being in harmony with oneself and in harmony with our entire existence: This process of self-exploration helps us to be in harmony with ourselves and with everything around us.
- It is a process of identifying our innateness and moving towards self-organization and self-expression: This process of self-exploration helps us to identify our swatva and through that acquire swantantrata and swarajya.
- Whatever is being presented is a PROPOSAL
- Don’t assume it to be true immediately, nor reject it without proper exploration.
- Verify it in your own right, on the basis of it being naturally acceptable to you,
- Not just on the basis of scriptures
- Not on the basis of equipment/instrument data
- Not on the basis of the assertion by other human beings.
- Because something like this / different from this has been mentioned in the scriptures,
- Or, because it has been preached/denied by some great men, Or, a large number of people possess such a view / a different view,
- Or it is claimed to have been verified through some physical instrument or, claimed that this is beyond the domain of verifiability by physical instruments.
- Verify on the basis of your natural acceptance
- Live accordingly to validate it experientially
- If the proposal is true in behavior with humans it leads to mutual happiness
- If the proposal is true in working with rest of the nature it leads to mutual prosperity
- Not on the basis of scriptures
- Not on the basis of reading from an instrument
- Not on the basis of others
- If the proposal is true behavior with human leads to mutual happiness
- If the proposal is true working with rest of the nature leads to mutual prosperity
- Universality ( Applies to all time, space and individuals).
- Verify it in your own right
- Not on the basis of scriptures
- Not on the basis of readings from the instrument
For Self Exploration we need to expect
Natural acceptance: Natural acceptance implies unconditional and total acceptance of the self, people, and environment. It also refers to the absence of any exception from others. Once we fully and truly commit ourselves on the basis of natural acceptance, we feel a holistic sense of inner harmony, tranquillity, and fulfillment. Actually, natural acceptance is a way to accept good things naturally. Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in, and in our own way absorb it; do not become others. We can easily verify proposals on the basis of the characteristics of natural acceptance mentioned below:
- Natural acceptance does not change with time: It remains invariant with time. For example, our natural acceptance of trust and respect does not change with age.
- It does not depend on the place: Whatever we have accepted, in our life, at any time of our age, does not change, even if we move from one place to another one.
- It does not depend on our beliefs or past conditionings: No matter how deep our beliefs or past conditioning are, as long as we ask ourselves the question sincerely, as long as we refer deep within ourselves, the answer will always be the same.
This natural acceptance is ‘ constantly there ‘, something we can refer to as Natural acceptance is always there. Whatever we do, this natural acceptance is within us, it is telling us what is right.
- Natural acceptance is the same for all of us: it is part and parcel of every human being, it is part of humanness: Though each one of us, may have different likes and dislikes and means to live and to react, etc. if we go deep in our mind the purpose of our work, behavior, efforts, etc. are based on common goals like need to be happy, need to be respected, need to get prosperity. So our basic acceptance remains the same.
Experiential validation is a process that infuses direct experience with the learning environment and content. It may be regarded as a philosophy and methodology in which the direct experience and focused reflection of the individual help to increase knowledge, develop skills, and clarify values. Most of what we know about ourselves is not only through our own opinion of ourselves but also because of how others view us. When what we already believe to be true of us is validated by some situations, phenomena, or outcomes. We may term it experiential validation. Self-exploration takes place in the self and not the body.
Svatva, Swatantrata, and Swarajya Related to Each Other
This process of self-exploration helps us to identify our swatva and through that acquire swantantrata and swarajya. Swatva means innateness of self – the natural acceptance of harmony. Swatantrata means being self-organized – being in harmony with oneself Swarajya means self-expression, self-extension – living in harmony with others.
The swatva is already there, intact in each one of us. By being in dialogue with it, we attain swantantrata enabling us to work for swarajya. Living in contradiction means we are not self-organized and living with pre – conditionings where we have assumed certain things and have accumulated desires without having first evaluated them, then it means we are partantra. On the other hand, when we identify our innateness, what we really want to be, and establish a dialogue with it, it enables us to start living with this harmony, it starts expressing itself through our harmonious behavior and work, and it naturally extends to our participation with the surroundings. This is working towards swarajya.
- Basic Aspirations of Human Beings
- Right Understanding and Relationship and Physical Facilities
- Understanding Happiness and Prosperity Correctly
- Understanding and living in Harmony at various levels
- Understanding Harmony in Human beings